Automotive Service Technician – VW
Automotive Service Technician
Our Client is in the business of running the best in-class automotive dealerships throughout Central and Southern Ontario, are looking for Qualified 310S Licensed Automotive Mechanics to work on Volkswagen vehicles.
Benefits of the role:
- Up to $38.00 per hour, based on experience = €22.93
- Bonuses, Incentives and a full Benefits Package
- Unlimited career potential
- Examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Prepare a complete report on the back of the repair order
- Estimate flat rate times for each recommendation – Use supplied flat-rate manuals and the Employer policies as a guide
- Obtain parts prices and note availability for each recommendation
- Perform all work as outlined on the front of the repair order and as authorized on the back, with efficiency and accuracy, and in accordance with company and factory standards
- Order all parts when authorization is received, unless specifically told otherwise – Indicate on the RO that you have done so
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or insurance, or if requested by the customer
- Road-test vehicles after service any time a wheel is removed, or any time a repair that might affect drivability is performed (i.e. tune-up, valve adjustment, brake work, suspension work, rattle/noise repair, etc.). Straight oil changes or transmission fluid changes are excluded
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion
- Supervise work of all apprentice technicians or students; report immediately any deficiencies to the Service Manager
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes as scheduled by management
- Attend dealer-specified training courses as scheduled by management
- Keep abreast of all factory technical bulletins
- Learn/understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”
- Ensure customer cars are kept as clean, or cleaner than when they arrived, inside/outside
- Keep the shop area neat and clean at all times
- Clean bay and bench at the end of each shift, and dispose of garbage, recycling, etc.
- Understand and follow federal, provincial, and local regulations, ie hazardous waste disposal
- Other duties, as required, by management
- Automotive Service Technician, fully licensed (310S or higher)
- 3-5 years experience with automotive mechanical operations
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver's License and good driving record
- Previous Volkswagen experience is a must (WITHOUT IT, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY)
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and succeed
- Must be team oriented, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Minimum of Grade 12 diploma, or GED, achieved
- Able to work effectively without supervision
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be reliable and able to work productively
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Excellent diagnostic and electrical skills
For more information, please apply through the link provided for the attention of Anthony Hutson, or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him on 647-268-7384.
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided.
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format.
If you are living in Canada and hold a valid work permit, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.
Osborne are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit www.osbornerecruitment.ca for more information on all of our roles.