MISO Nodal Trader
We are working with an energy trading firm who are looking for a Nodal Energy Trader with experience in the MISO region to join on a full-time permanent basis in a 100% remote role. The company has been operating in North America for just under 10 years and has developed an expertise in renewable energy and trading physical & financial power on merchant markets.
This role is fully remote and therefore candidate locations are not a restriction. The position offers competitive salary + bonus + benefits and requires a driven and established trader to join the high-performing team.
- Developing and executing trading strategies on both a proprietary and (foreseeably) asset management/power marketing basis
- Upholding a strong understanding and unwavering commitment to sound risk management
- Analyzing market data and building & leveraging optimal power flow models;
- Understanding energy market rules, system planning, expansion studies and power system operations in MISO;
- Collaborating and sharing insights with other traders and the broader team.
Salary & benefits
- Huge earning potential – base salary between $120,000 – $140,000 with OTE of over $200k with commission
- 100% remote role – work from anywhere in the world!
- Join a collaborative and highly experienced team
Requirements for the role include:
- Successful PnL track record of speculative nodal trading within MISO
- Experience in MISO transmission planning/modeling in an ISO, utility, IPP, renewable developer, trading firm or consulting firm
- Experience using optimal power flow and market forecasting tools, such as PowerWorld, Genscape, LCG, or similar
- Excellent Excel and SQL skills (required), fluency in a coding language (Python, etc.) would be an advantage
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Ami Bush or call Osborne Recruitment on +1 416-860-6214
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link providedApply Now