The Cleaner role would require the individual to ensure the proper maintenance of the property, to provide healthy and safe housing for tenants, by implementing the routine cleaning and preventative maintenance program.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all shared areas in the building such as: kitchens, bathrooms, laundry room, garbage rooms, hallways; stairwells, etc.
- Replenishing toilet & paper towel holders and soap & hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Garbage and Recycling management.
- Keep maintenance and storage rooms tidy and clean.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Manager.
- Advises management of tenant related concerns.
- Assists with Emergency Response and Fire Safety Plans including Annual Fire Drill in consultation with the Property Manager.
- Keeping informed of building policies and relevant regulations as outlined in the building, property standards, and fire safety code.
- Performs such other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Manager.
- $20.00 per hour (plus $4.00 Premium per hour, during COVID-19 Pandemic ONLY)
- Great chance to work for a reputable Canadian organization; aptly named after a local housing advocate, former tenant and board member of Toronto Community Housing, this renovated eight-storey building offers 86 units of transitional and affordable housing for homeless and formerly homeless people in downtown Toronto
- Completed/Passed Vulnerable Sector Check is a MUST
- Experience in cleaning and building maintenance (Certificate an asset).
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS with GHS) Certificate; annual training will be provided.
- Ability to use various equipment: ladders, small electric and hand tools. etc.
- Leadership by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity and enthusiasm in achieving results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing to staff, contractors and tenants as needed.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, and also work within a team environment
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided