Inventory & Purchasing Analyst
- Inventory and Purchasing Analyst
- Toronto, On (Keele and Steeles)
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Create and distribute PO’s for all materials.
- Approach vendors for price savings when appropriate and negotiate with said vendors
- Manage the supply chain and plan inventory forecasts for project specific materials for manufacturing
- Coordinate supply chain with production schedule
- Act as administrator of our Inventory Management Software
- Correct technical issues or data inconsistencies with our Inventory Management Software
- Aid employees in their use of our Inventory Management Software
- Adjust costs of items as required in inventory system
- Add or remove products as required in inventory system
- Enter inventory consumption into Inventory Management Software on a daily basis as reported from the Production Department
- Receive materials in Inventory Management Software with signed packing slips
- Reconcile differences and correct as required.
- Track back ordered items and items received in damaged condition for use by our production or service department to complete orders.
- Coordinate and enter periodic inventory counts into Inventory Management Software. – Investigate discrepancies as required.
- Monitor and analyze the inventory levels to ensure orders are placed on time
- Export relevant information from Inventory Management Software into Excel models to predict supply side inventory movement
- Analyze models and suggest order dates, quantities, frequencies, and verify with other employees
- Use models to create POs
- Arrange and participate in periodic inventory counts
- Create and provide inventory reports to management as requested
- Work with suppliers on the availability of product, production planning and raw material lead times
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Provide recommendations for the development and implementation of supply chain network changes and processes. Make effective decisions independently
- Communicate effectively with Plant Manager
- Collaborate with others as a part of a team
- Review and approve invoices from vendors as required.
- College Diploma / University Degree / Supply Chain Certificate
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- 5+ years of experience in inventory management
- Possess exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing and data management programs
- Mathematical skills are strongly preferred
- Must be comfortable in a warehouse environment
- ??????$50,000 – $60,000 per year based on experience
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Doug Palframan
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format