We are seeking a Property Accountant for our freshly renovated Downtown Toronto Office (located in Riverdale at Gerrard and Logan, accessible by TTC). You will report directly to the Finance manager. You will be responsible for handling full-cycle bookkeeping and accounting for the real estate portfolio of income-producing properties. You will work primarily with Yardi software.
While a large part of your role will involve independent work, we’ll be counting on your top-notch interpersonal and skills to communicate effectively by phone and email with colleagues, clients and vendors from other offices / in other cities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with high-level proficiency in MS Excel (V-look up and pivot tables)
- 3+ years’ working experience in commercial property management accounting using accounting software
- experience with QuickBooks and/or YARDI is an asset
- College Diploma or University Degree
- degree or diploma in a relevant field such as bookkeeping, accounting, finance or business is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in the real estate industry is an asset
- First-rate organization and strong follow-up skills – must be able to track and advance many projects at once
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to prioritize – must be able to identify and complete high priority items in a timely manner
- Excellent people skills in both written and oral communications to represent the company diplomatically and to build relationships with colleagues
- Exceptional attention to detail and meticulous work ethic to fulfill your role given the level of accuracy needed to maintain a reliable record-keeping system
- Process accounts receivable – enter monthly rent obligations, collection of rent, bank deposits, follow-up on delinquent payments. Manage and address inquiries regarding tenant statements.
- Process accounts payable – manage and review invoices for management approval, prepare and distribute payments.
- Manage tenant database – enter incoming tenants into the database along with security and rent deposits, update changes, renewals, vacancies as necessary, generate tenant-related reports for on-boarding and on an ongoing basis.
- Full cycle bookkeeping:
- Process monthly bank reconciliations, reconciliation and understanding of balance sheets for all accounts, process general ledger journal entries as required.
- Reconcile and remit all monthly / quarterly HST and other taxes and remittances
- Produce and review CAM and Tax chargeback reports and reconciliations. Distribute to tenants.
- Prepare supporting reports and documents for year-end audit processing, tax filing, MPAC reviews, insurance renewals and mortgage or other loan applications, renewals and annual reviews.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Perform office administration tasks including mail, stocking office supplies, and filing.
- Complete basic forms or prepare accounting-related notices for tenants (including residential tenants) or otherwise.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with tenants, vendors and colleagues necessary
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Our Toronto Office has 2 hepa-filters, masks and social distancing policies in effect, and vaccination policy for all physical in-office workers. There will be limited to no physical interaction with clients or other guests.
- DCS / DEC (required)
- property management accounting: 3 years (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Doug Palframan
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format