Automotive Service Technician (NOC 7321)
As Ontario’s highest rated Subaru dealership, Subaru of Brampton is proud to be part our local community. We have a state-of-the-art facility, commitment to excellence and confidence in guaranteeing a great guest and employee experience.
Part of Performance Auto Group, a leading automotive group, we are committed to integrity, believe in employee empowerment, passionate about innovating, care about a great guest experience and giving back.
Subaru of Brampton is currently looking for an Automotive Technician to join our busy, high volume and dynamic service team. The successful candidate will be passionate about automotive repair, preferably have their 310s certi?cation, and be a team player!
They will be responsible for inspecting and diagnosing problems, providing repairs and maintenance to all types of new and used vehicles, and be seen as a point of support and leadership for Apprentice Technicians.
- Excellent management guidance and support
- Opportunities for internal career development
- Access to health, dental, and vision coverage
- Disability, critical illness, and life insurance plans
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for personal/family wellness
- Discount on vehicles, service, and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events for you and your family
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Project a positive attitude for the benefit of our customers and our junior employees.
- Retrieve repair orders from dispatch on a timely basis.
- Obtain parts from the Parts Department as required.
- Use repair order punch clock appropriately, (i.e. punch onto specific line when starting task, and punch off when task is complete).
- Road test vehicles as required.
- Address all customer concerns using the Three C’s method – Complaint, Cause, Correction.
- Examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Prepare a complete report on the back of the repair order.
- Estimate flat rate times for each recommendation. Use supplied flat-rate manuals and the Employer policies as a guide.
- Obtain parts prices and note availability for each recommendation.
- Perform all work as outlined on the front of the repair order and as authorized on the back, with efficiency and accuracy, and in accordance with company and factory standards.
- Order all parts when authorization is received, unless specifically told otherwise. Indicate on the RO that you have done so.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or insurance, or if requested by the customer.
- Road-test vehicles after service any time a wheel is removed, or any time a repair that might affect drivability is performed (i.e. tune-up, valve adjustment, brake work, suspension work, rattle/noise repair, etc.). Straight oil changes or transmission fluid changes are excluded.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively without supervision.
- Supervise work of all apprentice technicians or students; report immediately any deficiencies to the Service Manager.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes as scheduled by management.
- Attend dealer-specified training courses as scheduled by management.
- Keep abreast of all factory technical bulletins
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer cars are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Keep shop area neat and clean at all times.
- Other duties as required by management
- Automotive Service Technician, fully licensed (310S or equivalent) preferred. Must be eligible for certification if not yet licensed.
- Three years experience in an Automotive Service Technician role
- One to three years experience with automotive mechanical operations
- Excellent diagnostic and electrical skills
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario license with a clean driving record
- Able to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Working as a member of a team, interacting courteously and professionally
- A proven self-starter who can work well under pressure
- A strong performer with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Subaru is considered a strong asset
- Fluency in English is required
To apply please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.comApply Now