Fabricator & Slitter Operator
We are currently hiring a Conveyor Belt Fabricator and Slitter Operator for our Toronto client, a leading distributor of bearings, power transmission, motion control, belting and conveyor components.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $40,000 – $50,000 plus Bonus Structure
- Comprehensive Flex Benefits Program
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Employee Recognition Program
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities (access to LinkedIn Learning, product training, third-party personal and professional skills training opportunities).
- Constructive, engaging organizational culture
- Work alongside experienced industry professionals
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a mechanical/technical related role.
- Valid Class G driver’s license required.
- Mechanical aptitude (technical knowledge and experience working with conveyor systems an asset).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office Suite).
- Knowledge of measurements (Metric and Imperial units) using various measurement tools and methods.
- Ability to manage priorities and deal with stress effectively
- Performance-driven; achievement-oriented
- Able to maintain and establish personal and professional credibility
- Self-disciplined and self-structured
- Ability to recognize and solve problems of a highly complex nature with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
- Properly and safely utilize belting and conveyor systems equipment (e.g. slitting machine) to fabricate industrial belting products
- Perform product installations at customer sites, while representing CB and maintaining our exceptional standard of professionalism
- Ensure all documented fabrication and installation procedures are followed; ensuring both safety and quality
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the Conveyor Systems team in all respects including coordinating customer visits, communicating product specifications, updating inside sales team on progress, etc.
- Observe and operate in conformance with all health and safety standards at all times and a clean warehouse area
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided