310T Licensed Shop Supervisor
You will be supervising all truck shop operations and personnel, specifically Class T Mechanics, Lube Technicians, Apprentices, Shop Labourers, and Afternoon and Night Shop Foremen.
- Shifts – Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Rate – $70,000 – $80,000 per year – Depending on experience.
- Plan preventative maintenance checks and safety inspections to equipment. Delegate work to mechanics and labourers. Monitor and manage the Truck Apprenticeship program and employee progress.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for quality, cost control, waste reduction, safety, and vehicle availability.
- Schedule and plan shift for staff as required.
- Repair equipment and road test when required.
- Analyze, diagnose problems, and make decisions on repairs.
- Review all electronic repair orders according to Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the Reefer Shop Supervisor and Trailer Shop Supervisor to ensure appropriate personnel are available to cover all aspects of fleet maintenance.
- Work in co-operation with operations at the Baden terminal to ensure equipment availability.
- Co-operate with any administrative requests for information.
- Address Occupational Health and Safety issues as related to the Truck Shop.
- Sign off on motor vehicle safeties. Ensure all documents are completed to ministry standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Class 310T license required.
- Must be an active member of the College of Trades.
- Minimum High school diploma required.
- Proven supervisory skills established through previous supervisory experience.
- Experience working with an automated fleet maintenance system, maintenance cost analyses, and mechanic labor standards.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with heavy trucks.
- Computer skills and ability to look at future automated shop programs.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on quality, cost-effective fleet maintenance.
- Proven mechanical abilities with a strong working knowledge of mechanical application and repair techniques.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of maintaining costs as it relates to operational profitability.
- Strong ability to implement continuous improvement.
- Organizational skills including planning and scheduling skills.
- Quality decision-making skills and ability to use good judgement.
- Positive attitude with proven people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written.
- Proven time management skills and ability to communicate with mechanics regarding fair Labour standards on jobs.
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Anthony Hutson or call Osborne on 64 74715699 . “Please submit your updated CV in Word Format”
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered for other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided.Apply Now